Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taking Care of Momma: Some Wins, Some Losses

The past week of trying to focus just a little bit more energy on myself has gone... well - depending on how you look at it. I had about a 50% success rate when it came to getting the whole workout in. A couple of days I missed it altogether; a couple days I ran out of time or motivation for the stretching portion. The good news is that, despite the misses, I still feel motivated and - dare I say it?  - positive about the whole endeavor. I'm still looking forward to my runs (although sometimes my early morning brain forgets that fact) and am doing better about getting past old mental hang ups. "I didn't get my workout in before breakfast so now it's not even worth it because you're supposed to do aerobics on an empty stomach." "I have so much to do - there's no way I'm getting that workout in today." I'm catching myself in my own excuses and shutting myself up.
 I'm also feeling pretty damn proud of my eating habits this week. I've stayed below my calorie count every day (except for today, actually) and I've done it by making a lot of fresh, veggie heavy foods. This was a tuna wrap I made with greek yogurt instead of mayo (surprisingly yummy), a little curry powder, dried cranberries, chopped apple, and mixed greens on a multi grain tortilla. It's been a lot of time in the kitchen, but I've always enjoyed that anyway and it makes me feel good.

Speaking of which... my self esteem has been given a little boost. Even in just the past week, I've noticed the hateful messages in my head getting a little bit quieter. I even threw myself a little "Not bad" in the mirror the other day. Feels good. I'm certainly not "there" yet, but I can feel that I'm on the right road. Thank you, everyone, for the kind and encouraging words.

Taking Care of Momma, Week 3 (I'm keeping it the same as week 2, since I missed several days):
Running plan: same as last week
Calisthenics plan: same as last week
Weight: 136 lbs - down 3 pounds from last week!!
Self Esteem: better

Goals:
Running: Run more than I walk.
Calisthenics: Get through a more intense workout without feeling like I'm going to pass out or fall over. I'm contemplating joining a fitness challenge group in April for the support aspect. Thoughts? Suggestions?
Weight: 130
Self Esteem: healthy.

No comments :

Post a Comment